Now more than ever it’s important for our youth to disconnect from the computer screen and socialize safely outdoors with friends.
Come and experience the adventures of our Cub Scouting program. For less than what local sports is charging, you and your child can experience a year’s worth of fun, while at the same time learning important life skills. While we meet at Coyote Creek Elementary, boys and girls from all schools are welcome to join.
Click here to see why Pack 1776 is such a great deal.
|Outdoors||Life Skills||STEAM & Service to Others|
|Bicycling/Hiking||First Aid||Environmental Stewardship|
|Camping||Knot Tying||Pinewood Derby|
|Marksmanship||Public Speaking||Science Projects|
Celebrating our 20th year in October 2020, Pack 1776 didn’t slow down due to COVID. We quickly shifted to virtual meetings when Shelter in Place rules prevented us from meeting in person and conducted socially distanced outdoor events such as our Rocket Day!, Halloween Trunk or Treat and hikes. We also hosted the 20th running of Cub Scouting’s famous Pinewood Derby. Now, with the pandemic situation improving in the Bay Area and guided by County and Boy Scout of America guidelines, we are doing more outdoor socially distanced events and looking forward to what our new Scouting year has in store for us.
Don’t miss out on the fun. By joining before June 6th, you can take advantage of our registration discount and be able to participate in Summer time fun such as the Raingutter Regatta (June 6th), Meridian Cub Scout Day Camp (July 26th – 30th at Little Hills Ranch) and monthly hikes.
You can now sign up online for Cub Scouting and invite friends to join too!
Download our step by step registration instructions here.
All scouts must submit:
1. Complete the online Pack 1776 Registration Form
2. Complete the Medical Form Parts A & B
3. Make a copy of the front & back of your scout’s medical insurance card.
4) Registration check written to Pack 1776. Write your Scout’s name in the memo line.
- $275 for Tiger, Wolf, Bear or Webelos scouts (First through Fifth grades in 2021-2022). Prices are even lower if you sign up to volunteer as a leader or chairperson. We only accept Fifth graders if they have completed Webelos I.
- $200 per new Lion scouts (those who will be in Kindergarten in 2021-2022)
Pack 1776’s annual membership fee includes the cost to register with the Boys Scouts of America, the Council Program Fee, a one year subscription to Scout’s Life magazine, a Pack 1776 Class B uniform t-shirt, award belt loops, pins and patches and expenses in events like Halloween Party, Pinewood Derby, Raingutter Regatta, etc.
5) A separate $200 volunteer deposit check per family, post-dated to 4/1/2022. Write your Scout’s name in the memo line. We will hold onto your check and shred it after you have completed 10 service hours.
Mail or Drop off your completed paperwork to the Scout Box at the Coyote Creek School Office or at Rocket Day!
Family Scouting: Girls Welcome!
Our Pack is open to boys and girls. By welcoming girls into the program, even more youth will have access to the character development and values-based leadership that Scouting promises.
Lions: Kindergarten age youth; Come try it out!
We are celebrating five years of participation in the national Lion program! As a Lion, your kindergartner will make friends, laugh loud, gain confidence, discover nature, and most of all…have fun. A kindergarten-age boy or girl and his or her adult partner join and attend meetings and activities together. Recognizing how Lions are integral to the success of our program and to introduce them to the world of Cub Scouting, the Pack has discounted the normal registration fee to $200 and waived the volunteer deposit.